World Heart Day
29 September 2017
Today, Friday 29 September, is World Heart Day, an initiative by the World Heart Foundation. By ensuring everyone has the chance to make healthy heart choices wherever they live, work and play, World Heart Day encourages us all to reduce our cardiovascular risk.
Here are some sobering facts:
- Cardiovascular disease affects 2 out of 3 Australian families
- In Australia, 125 people die from cardiovascular disease, daily
- Cardiovascular disease is the world’s (and Australia’s) number one killer
- Risk factors for cardiovascular disease remain high (over 60% of Australians remain overweight, and only 1 in 3 people get sufficient daily exercise)
It's pretty clear, your heart matters.
- Promote World Heart Day on social media using the hashtag #worldheartday
- Try to go out for a walk this long weekend
Find out more about World Heart Day